12 August 2011

22 Days Before Eid Al Fitr - Day 3

as the debate inside the courtroom woke me up. let me rephrase that, the good wife's scene inside the courtroom woke me up. this has been my alarm clock for the past days. for some reason, i keep on falling asleep without turning off the lights nor my multimedia player + tv. 

then i glanced at my tab's watch, the long dial just turned to number 6. it is 3:30 am. my mind slowly ran frantic as immediately thought i roughly have 15-20 minutes to prepare a decent Suhoor (last meal before the start of day's fast). 

again a fresh loaf of bread pierced into my eyes then when i opened the cupboard i saw a good bottle of basil & garlic tomato sauce. which by the way, i make sure that i keep tomato sauces always at hand. if some households keep bundles of onions, well in my territory tomato sauces are the staple. 3:35 the clock is ticking, great the roast chicken mortadella is good to go and got the mozarella and cheddar cheese at hand. one thing left to do is to lightly brush the pan with olive oil and put all the ingredients on top of each sliced bread. 

3:45am - 15 minutes later i knocked on my mom's door to wake her up & told her that today, we will have a light Suhoor. ran back to the kitchen and as i opened the oven, a delicious smell of toasted bread and tomato sauce filled the air. i just got excited that i nearly burned my hand when i was taking out the pan. the cheeses melted perfectly. as the clock ticks nearly 4am, my mom and i enjoyed a light meal that was surprisingly filling. hope it holds us throughout the day. 

here it is my friends, an Improv Pizza.


3 comments:

  1. looks yummy bibti, but how can that tiny thing hold you up for the whole day?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is habibti ive had 6 slices i think! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pizza de diva is what i call this...
    YUM!!! YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete